Our website address is: https://dachshundsuperfood.co.uk.
Dachshund Superfoods take the security and privacy of our website users very seriously. For the purposes of the data protection act 2018 (‘dpa’) and the eu general data protection regulation (‘gdpr’), we as the ‘data controller’, which means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email, payment details and telephone number) whenever you complete an online form by which you consent to us holding that personal data for the purpose specified on that form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you use our contact form, fill out our breeders club application form or make an online purchase.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include but may not be limited to:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Research statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- Marketing—see ‘marketing and opting out’ below
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Billing and order fulfilment
- Pre-delivery notification and order tracking
- Credit scoring and credit checking.
- Customising this website and its content to your preferences to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services which may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our services
Lawful basis for the processing of your personal data
We will use the personal data that we hold or the purposes of:
- internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may occasionally send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Performing any order fulfilment or other obligations that we may have to you,
- Complying with our legal obligations,
- Protecting our legitimate interests or those of others but only if it is necessary to do so and those interest are not overridden by your own interests or rights. You have the right to challenge those interests and to request that we stop processing your personal data on this basis.
- We may process your personal data for any purpose to which you have expressly consented. You can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You should be aware that if you do not provide or withdraw consent to our processing certain personal data it may not be possible for us to continue to contact you in the future.
Special categories of personal data
We will only hold and process special categories of your personal data in certain situations in accordance with the law. For example, we can do so if we have your explicit consent. If we asked for your consent to process a special category of personal data, then we would explain the reasons for our request. You do not need to consent and can withdraw consent later if you choose by emailing us on email@example.com
Where your personal data will be processed
We may send your personal data to a third party but will not otherwise hold or send your personal data outside the EU. You may rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data
We may contact you by email or phone about our products, services and promotions but only if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and service providers e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services
- Credit reference agents
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Our business partners in accordance with the ‘marketing’ section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his or her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
- Receive on his or her behalf any data protection notices;
Retention of your personal data
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, and unless we have agreed otherwise with you we will at the end of the retention period securely destroy or delete it from our records. For further information see our data retention policy.
Your rights in respect of personal data
You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
- You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within one month unless the request is complex or numerous in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by up to a further two months. There is no fee for making a subject access request, but if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to respond to your request.
- You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data if we are not legally entitled to process it without your consent or if it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose for which it was collected.
- While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while that application is made.
- You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop such data processing.
- You have the right to object if we process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month.
- With some exceptions, you have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making.
- You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful ground to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later. To withdraw your consent, you should contact Dachshund Superfood by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to the information commissioner. You can do this be contacting the information commissioner’s office directly. Full contact details including a helpline number can be found on the information commissioner’s office website (www.ico.org.uk). That website has further information on your rights and our obligations.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.